The Historic Albany Restaurant Has Overnight Fire

By: Jeremy Downing
By: Jeremy Downing

The Albany bar and restaurant in downtown Cheyenne caught fire early Wednesday morning (7/9/14).

George Kallas, the manager of the historic Albany, tells Newschannel 5 that the fire caused very little damage.
He says it began when an employee forgot to shut off a stove, which soon caught fire after grease heated up.

The fire began around 12:05 in the morning.
Luckily no one was injured and the Albany was back open for business on Wednesday.

Photo courtesy: Ryan Goude


KGWN-TV 2923 E. Lincolnway Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001 307-634-7755 KSTF-TV 3385 N. 10th Street Gering, Nebraska 69341 308-632-7535
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 266475721 - kgwn.tv/a?a=266475721