Cheyenne, WY (KGWN) - Wyoming retailers interested in selling Powerball® and Mega Millions® tickets should attend one of the two workshops being offered from 10 a.m. - noon and from 2 - 4 p.m. on Fri., April 25 at Little America Hotel and Resort in Cheyenne.
The Cheyenne workshops are two of nine workshops being held over two weeks. The Wyoming Lottery Corp. held workshops in Evanston on April 22, Jackson on April 23, and will hold workshops in Riverton on April 24, two in Cheyenne on April 25, Gillette on April 28, Sheridan on April 29, two in Casper on April 30, and Rock Springs and Cody on May 6.
By attending the workshops, retailers will learn about the lottery, as well as gain a better understanding of the retailer application and selection process. The workshops will also include a facilitated discussion to seek retailers' feedback on the application and contract.
"Obtaining input from the retailers is a priority for the lottery," said Jon Clontz, Wyoming Lottery's Chief Executive Officer. "We need to make sure that the process is equitable for the majority of retailers, because the lottery will not be successful unless retailers are successful."
Clontz explained that the lottery will take retailers' feedback into consideration when solidifying the application and contract. Once finalized, the application and contract will be presented to the lottery's board of directors during a public meeting. The board's approval will open the application process and launch efforts to recruit retailers.
•EVANSTON: 10 a.m. - noon on Tues., April 22 at the Evanston Round House, located at 1500 Main Street
• JACKSON: 10 a.m. - noon on Wed., April 23 at the Teton County Library, located at 125 Virginian Lane
• RIVERTON: 10 a.m. - noon on Thurs., April 24 at the Holiday Inn, located at 900 E. Sunset Drive
• CHEYENNE: 10 a.m. - noon and 2 - 4 p.m. on Fri., April 25 at Little America Hotel and Resort, 2800 W Lincolnway
• GILLETTE: 10 a.m. - noon on Mon., April 28 at the Camplex Center, located at 1635 Reata Dr.
• SHERIDAN: 10 a.m. - noon on Tues., April 29 at the Holiday Inn, located at 1809 Sugarland Drive
• CASPER: 10 a.m. - noon and 2 - 4 p.m. on Wed., April 30 at the Parkway Plaza, located at 123 West E Street
• ROCK SPRINGS: 10 a.m. - noon on Tues., May 6 at the Holiday Inn located at 1675 Sunset Drive
• CODY: 10 a.m. - noon on Tues., May 6 at the Cody Hotel located at 232 West Yellowstone Avenue