Still no sign of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
Posted: 8:26 AM
- Vietnam scrambled helicopters Monday to look for what a search jet spotted and believed might have been a life raft from the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 that vanished early Saturday morning on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board, but the object found floating in the sea was not a boat, leaving the fate of the airliner a mystery.
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 passenger Phil Wood's girlfriend Sarah Bajc on "painful" wait for news
Posted: 3:48 AM
- The long-time girlfriend of Texas native Phil Wood said the disappearance of his flight to China "defies logic," and the desperate wait for information about what happened to him and the other 238 people aboard Malaysia Airlines flight 370 on Saturday has made for "one of the most painful things I have ever had to go through."
Case of missing Malaysian plane points to major security loophole
- The revelation that two passengers aboard the Malaysia Airlines flight that vanished en route to Beijing were traveling with stolen passports is shining a light on a major vulnerability in airline security. That is the failure to screen hundreds of millions of international passengers for fraudulent or lost documents.
Malaysia Airlines plane: Missing jet may have turned back, officials say
- Military radar indicates that the missing Boeing 777 jet may have turned back before vanishing, Malaysia's air force chief said Sunday as authorities were investigating up to four passengers with suspicious identifications.
Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Uncertainly over the fate of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was further compounded Saturday by reports that two men whose names matched those on the passenger manifest had reported their passports stolen.
Planes spot oil slicks in search for missing flight
- Vietnamese air force planes on Saturday spotted two large oil slicks close to where a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 went missing earlier in the day, the first sign that the aircraft carrying 239 people had crashed.
Ukraine PM Yatsenyuk: Crimea 'was, is and will be an integral part of Ukraine'
- We're leaving. No, you're not.
Gen. Jim Jones: "Strategic use of energy" could curb Russia's behavior
- Energy could be a major player in the Ukraine crisis going forward, according to retired Marine Corps Gen. Jim Jones, a former NATO commander in Europe.
Pro MMA Fighter Booto Guylain Dies After Bout in South Africa
- Professional MMA fighter Booto Guylain passed away Wednesday after suffering a severe head injury in a Feb. 27 bout in Johannesburg, South Africa. He was 29.
Vladimir Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has been nominated for the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize but the conflict in Ukraine is also likely to be on the Nobel committee's agenda.
More International Headlines