Holmesville, NE (AP) - Three people have escaped from a fire that heavily damaged their home in southeast Nebraska's Gage County.
The Beatrice Daily Sun says firefighters from three departments were sent early Tuesday morning to the house in rural Holmesville.
Blue Springs Rural Fire Chief Brad Robinson says one person awakened to heat and smoke upstairs and alerted two family members so they also could flee to safety. No injuries have been reported.
An investigator determined that the fire began near a chimney.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.