Hasting boy's manslaughter case closed to public

By: AP
By: AP

Hastings, NE (AP) - Authorities have decided to close all hearings, seal court files and make no further public comments about the case against a 9-year-old boy accused of shooting his 4-year-old brother in Hastings.

The Hastings Tribune says the decisions were announced in a news release from County Attorney Donna Fegler Daiss (deyes) after a closed hearing on Tuesday in Adams County Juvenile Court.

Last week a juvenile manslaughter charge was filed against the older boy. His name hasn't been released.

Authorities say the boy fired a .22-caliber rifle bullet that struck the 4-year-old on April 18. The younger boy was pronounced dead later at a local hospital. Other family members were home when the shot was fired.

Authorities have said the rifle is owned by the boyfriend of the victim's mother.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KGWN-TV 2923 E. Lincolnway Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001 307-634-7755 KSTF-TV 3385 N. 10th Street Gering, Nebraska 69341 308-632-7535
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 257518501 - kgwn.tv/a?a=257518501