To visit Carry On Celebrations please click here.
John Ingersoll of Carry On Celebrations dropped by the morning set to give a little advice on picking the right DJ for that special day.
There are 10 things you should ask a DJ before hiring them according to the American Disc Jockey Association.
1. Are we guaranteed the DJ of our choice on the day of our event? A written contract with your specific DJ protects you from unscrupulous operators.
2. How many Years of experience do you have? Experience brings a knowledge of common problems and situations. be sure your DJ has experience with your type of event.
3. May we call your references? references are a major part of the entertainment business.
4. Do you belong to any professional associations or trade groups? An involved business person shows a willingness to learn, network and share ideas. Belonging to a professional trade group reflects a caring attitude.
5. Will you allow requests? Requests should be welcome. If a song seem inappropriate, a good DJ will explain the reason and ask for an alternative selection.
6. How early will you be there to set up> An average of 60 minutes should be allowed for set up and sound check. Normally there is no additional charge for this service.
7. How will you be dressed? Proper attire reflects a positive image to your guests.
8. Are you insured? Insurance is a part of any legitimate business. Liability and casualty policies protect yourself, your guests and your DJ company.
9. Do you use professional gear? Using professional sound equipment (including pro CD players) helps insure reliable service and quality presentation.
10. Will you provide an emergency back-up system at our event? Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs and special events are often once in a lifetime opportunities. A back-up system protects your investment.