On Monday emergency crews were called to an oil well fire on County Road 222, roughly 20 miles from Cheyenne city limits.
County Road 222 is right off of Highway 285. Authorities say the fire was caused by a valve malfunction. Apparently it was spraying oil on a burner powering the well. A site manage was able to shut off the valve. Upon arrival crews were able to put out the blaze within about 30 minutes. One person was injured and taken to Cheyenne Regional Medical Center to be treated for burns.