Restrooms At 15 City Facilities
Will Be Closed For The Winter
CHEYENNE – Effective November 1, 2013, restrooms at 15 City Facilities will be closed for the winter months.
The plan to shut the power and gas off at these facilities is a cost saving measure for the City. By taking these measures, the City will save approximately $26,000 over the winter months, according to Jason Sanchez, Grounds and Facilities Director for the City Parks Division.
Portable restrooms will be set out to accommodate the public at certain areas. This program has been in place since 2010.
Facilities to be closed are:
- Cahill Park restroom - Dell Range and Friendship Circle (Portable Restroom)
- Junior League Field restroom, snack shack and maintenance shop - 4211 Converse Ave
- Converse Softball Field restroom, snack shack and maintenance shop - 4212 Converse Ave
- Brimmer Park restroom and snack shack - Pershing Boulevard and Windmill Road
- Pioneer Park restroom and snack shack - 1331 Talbot Court
- Powers Field restroom and snack shack - Windmill Road and Dell Range Boulevard
- North Cheyenne Community Park restroom and snack shack - Mynear Street at Ridge Road
- Martin Luther King Park restroom - Ames Avenue at MLK Court (Portable Restroom)
- Mylar Park restroom - Seminole Road at Mylar Park (Portable Restroom)
- Lions Park north shelter restroom - Kennedy Ave at Lions Park Drive
- Holliday Park restrooms - Morrie Ave and Lincolnway (Portable Restroom)
- Holliday Park restrooms - 19th Street at Morrie Avenue
- Pointe Park restroom - 1000 Gardenia
- Sun Valley Park restroom - 12th Street and Gardenia (Portable Restroom)
- Lions Beach House - Carey Avenue at 8th Avenue
For more information about the closing of these restrooms, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 638-4356.