Police chase leads to a car crashing into an apartment complex

By  | 

CHEYENNE, Wyo - Cheyenne Police have arrested two men after an early morning high-speed chase that ended with two destroyed buildings, a destroyed truck, and 30 people now looking for a new place to live.

Courtesy: Cheyenne Police Department

Alec Praytor, 32, and Dana Green, 35, both of Casper, are currently in jail facing multiple charges.

Officers say it began at 1:50am (11/30/17) when officers were dispatched to an alarm at the Walgreen’s Pharmacy at 2304 E. Lincolnway. When officers arrived, they found Praytor and Green in the parking lot of the building in a Ford F-150. While officers began to investigate, Praytor drove away down Converse with estimated speeds reaching over 100 miles per hour. They soon lost control of the truck north of Dell Range Blvd. and crashed into an apartment complex in the 4700 block of Converse Ave.

Praytor and Green then ran off and broke into an apartment next door in the 4900 block of King Arthur Way. The apartment was occupied, and officers say Praytor would not allow the residents to leave. Shortly afterwards, police arrived and both men were arrested.

The truck driven by Praytor struck two apartment buildings, causing extensive damage to the buildings and a natural gas leak. As a result of the leak, gas and electricity services were interrupted. The residents of the apartments were evacuated and 30 people, including 12 children, received emergency shelter assistance from the Red Cross.

In statements to officers, Green admitted that the couple fled because Green believed the truck had been reported as stolen in Casper.

No one in the apartments were hurt, but Praytor received minor injuries from the crash and was treated at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. He was arrested for reckless driving, fleeing and eluding, criminal entry, possession of stolen property and false imprisonment. Green was arrested for criminal entry and possession of stolen property.

Officers are still investigating the role of alcohol and narcotics in the incident. Additional charges could follow and the case remains under investigation by the Cheyenne Police Department.